I haven’t read much over the last two months so I guess it is time to shake off the slump by hoping readathons do the trick. Still, I don’t want to overwhelm myself so I am doing only two – and one of it is my own (I know it is short notice, but it is still like 2 weeks away) so I hope y’all join in, too!
Sequel September (month-long)
Hosted by Books and Munches, this challenge is to read sequels! Some of these are my summer TBR, which I have like 3 weeks to complete, so I am in deadline mode – sort of!
5 Stars Love Readathon (Sep 16-30)
This is my own readathon, to appreciate and read more of the authors I love, and the rules are simple:
- Look up the most recent book you rated 5 stars (or whatever your equivalent of this concept is) and find another book by the same author to read!
- After reading that, go on the 5 star read before that, and so on. If you’ve already read all books by the the next author, you can move onto the next. You can also choose to read more of the same author if you have the books available.
- You can read as many books as you like! You can read 1, you can read more than 10 – its your choice!
- Sequels/novellas/graphic novels/manga/short stories all count!
- You can make a TBR beforehand, or pick as you go. Like, if you find one of the books you read to be another 5 star for you, you can also pick another by the same author, or choose to complete that series.
- Share your updates with #5StarReads; please credit back to this post if you’re joining in!
I chose to read books by the following authors (with some crossed out because I have already read all of their books):
- Yoru Sumino
- Zoraida Córdova
- Seanan Mcguire
Tatsuya Endo Casey McQuiston Tamsyn Muir
- Samantha Shannon
- Aka Akasaka
And hey, here’s a graphic you can use as a button!
Which readathons do you plan to take part in this month?