OMG there are so many upcoming readathons that restraining myself from joining most of them was a challenge in itself! I managed to trim my list to these four, though there’s also the monthly SeriesTF readathon (dates for May haven’t been announced yet), so actually I’ll be doing 5 readathons!
Page-a-thon is going for another round in May, “to help us stay sane during these difficult times“ It is a casual readathon where the goal is pagecounts! There are teams (according to what season you were born in) and rules include reading shorts, graphic novels and also fanfiction! I am participating as a Summer!
Rules are in the spreadsheet
– A colorful cover, meaning little to no black
– A book where (one of) the main characters is not at home. They can be travelling, or on holiday, etc.
– A book that makes you feel fuzzy feelings or just happy in general
– A book dealing with an infection/virus/etc
Asian Readathon (month-long)
Like last year, I will be taking part in this readathon devoted to reading books with Asian characters or by Asian authors. Since I am behind on my Year of the Asian challenge, it will be a bonus. Last year, I did all the challenges with 2 books, but this year, I think I will do 1 book per challenge.
- Read any book by an Asian author.
- Read a book featuring an Asian character or written by an Asian author who you can relate to.
- Ex: If you’re an immigrant you can read about an immigrant character; if you’re a woman you can read a book by another woman; etc.
- Read a book featuring an Asian character or written by an Asian author who is different from you.
- Ex: If you’re straight you can read about a queer character; if you’re Japanese you can read a book by a Vietnamese author; etc.
- Read a book recommended by an Asian.
- Ex: Watch an Asian booktuber’s recommendations video; find books recommended by an Asian blogger; ask your Asian friend what book best represents them; have an Asian friend choose between 2 books on your TBR; etc.
- OPTIONAL: Read “Little Fires Everywhere” by Celeste Ng and participate in the #LittleFiresReadalong and #LittleFiresWatchalong (more information below) -> I won’t be doing this
Tome Topple (May 9-22)
I am excited for this because I don’t usually do Tome Topple, but this time, I finally got a copy of The Priory of the Orange Tree and I needed an excuse to dig into that tome!
1. The tome that has been on your TBR the longest
2. A tome audiobook
3. Tome that’s part of a series
4. A standalone tome
5. Read 1 tome
6. A tome featuring a AAPI main character and/or written by a AAPI author (for Asian American/Pacific Islander Heritage Month)
7. Tome from a genre you don’t usually read
8. The tome on your TBR with the most pages
9. An adult tome
Bout of Books (May 11-17)
I take part in nearly every Bout of Books and I usually aim for 7 books, but since this time it will overlap with TomeTopple, I am going for only 3 books
Which readathons do you plan to take part in this May?