Another lighter reading challenge month, because I have a galley queue glaring down at me! I will be doing 3 this month – one of which is my own (I would be delighted if you join!)
Sequel September (month-long)
Hosted by Books and Munches, this challenge is to read sequels! I def have some sequels I have been neglecting, so this is a good opportunity to thin out my TBR. I plan to read 5 sequels this month
5 Stars Love Readathon (Sep 16-30)
This is my own readathon, to appreciate and read more of the authors I love, and the rules are simple:
- Look up the most recent book you rated 5 stars (or whatever your equivalent of this concept is) and find another book by the same author to read!
- After reading that, go on the 5 star read before that, and so on. If you’ve already read all books by the the next author, you can move onto the next. You can also choose to read more of the same author if you have the books available.
- You can read as many books as you like! You can read 1, you can read more than 10 – its your choice!
- Sequels/novellas/graphic novels/manga/short stories all count!
- You can make a TBR beforehand, or pick as you go. Like, if you find one of the books you read to be another 5 star for you, you can also pick another by the same author, or choose to complete that series.
- Share your updates with #5StarReads; please credit back to this post if you’re joining in!
I chose to read books by the following authors (with some crossed out because I have already read all of their books):
- Rachel Caine
- Sangu Mandanna
R F Kuang Margaret Rogerson
- Kim Harrison (will read more than one book, because I had three recent 5-star reads from her)
- Julie Kagawa
And hey, here’s a graphic you can use as a button!
Banned Book-a-Thon (Sep 22-28)
I’ll be doing only one banned book this time because I can’t get to some of the ones I had intended to read this year.
Which readathons do you plan to take part in this month?