I took it lighter in July, and I’m taking it light even in August too! September 3 is a mega release day – it seems a lot of amazing books are being released that day (RIP all your wallets), and I myself have some 12 galleys that are having that release date. So I couldn’t think of any themed challenges that would fit my needs this month, and instead I will be doing three challenges, plus the obvious #SeriesTF reading week.
Avid August (month-long)
Hosted by Books and Munches, this challenge is for reading books from previous TBRs. Since this year, I have been keeping books that I feature on these readathoning post, as well as other books every month on a separate shelf, tbr-next, as in “If you are looking for books to read next, here they are” which has now accumulated to 53 books. I won’t keep a TBR for this challenge, but instead will try to read at least 5 books off this shelf in this month.
Dewey’s 24 Hour Reverse Readathon (Aug 2, 8pm EST – Aug 3, 8pm EST)
A reverse readathon? What does THAT mean?
It’s simple! For our lovely participants around the world, we’ll start this readathon at 8:00 PM Friday, August 2nd and run through August 3rd at 8pm, Eastern Standard time, where we normally start at 8:00 AM Saturday. Still 24 hours.
For me this begins on Aug 3 morning (timezones eh) and ends on the fourth. It will be a tough goal but I am trying to do 3 books in 24 hours.
#BoutOfBooks (Aug 19 – Aug 25)
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda Shofner on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
As always, I’ll be aiming for 7 books.
Which readathons do you plan to take part in this month?