November is here and there are so many readathons up this month (considering it is nearly the end of the year so people are rushing to finish up book goals, and it is also close to festivals), you are spoiled for choice. (Btw, if you are looking for readathons, I would suggest looking up this calendar or this Twitter feed). I have decided on three readathons this month, all month-long ones, to motivate my page counts, in addition to the ongoing Seasonal Series readathon.
Hosted by Denise.
The aim is to hit every letter of the alphabet using book titles OR author names.
Normal Mode: Pick either author name or book title, then read books to make sure you’ve covered every letter of the alphabet.
Hard Mode: Pick author last name or title and read one book for every letter.
X is wild.
You can ignore definite/indefinite articles (the, a, an).
If a title includes the series name, you can either pick the series name or the actual title (eg, Binti: Home can count as either B or H).
If an author name is hyphenated, pick the first last name.
If the author has multiple last names, pick whichever one is most helpful.
With this challenge, I am hoping to knock off mostly upcoming galleys, and a couple of books from my backlist.
TBR: 26 books
- After Hours Vol 1 by Yuhta Nishio
- Black Enough by Ibi Zoboi
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye
- The Dire King by William Ritter or Deadly Class Vol 1 by Rick Remender
- The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead
- Four Three Two One by Courtney Stevens
- Gingerbread by Helen Oyeyemi
- How To Fracture a Fairy Tale by Jane Yolen
- If You’re Out There by Katy Loutzenheiser
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- Kiss Collector by Wendy Higgins
- Look Closer by Stewart Lewis
- Middlegame by Seanan McGuire
- Nick and June Were Here by Shalanda Stanley
- Outrun the Wind by Elizabeth Tammi
- Pulp by Robin Talley
- The Queen’s Wing by Jessica Thorne
- Record of Grancrest War Vol 1 by Makoto Yotsuba
- The Similars by Rebecca Hanover
- This is What It Feels Like by Rebecca Barrow
- Undead Girl Gang by Lily Andersen
- Violet Venom’s Rules for Life by Lynn Messina
- War of Storms by Erica Cameron
- xxxHolic:Rei Vol 4 by CLAMP
- Your Own Worst Enemy by Gordon Jack
- Zero Repeat Forever by Gabrielle Prendergast
A bingo-styled readathon with Greek mythology themed challenges, hosted by Foxes & Fairytales.
Zeus. King of the Gods. God of the Sky. Read a book at least 400 pages long. Hera. Queen of the Gods. Goddess of Marriage, Mothers and Families. Read a book about royalty. Hebe. Goddess of Eternal Youth. Read a Middle Grade or Young Adult book. Poseidon. God of the Sea. Read a book which features the sea – mermaids, pirates, surfers etc. Hermes. God of Travellers and Thieves. Read a book set in a country not your own. Aphrodite. Goddess of Love and Beauty. Read a book with a beautiful cover. The Hydra. Multiheaded Serpent. Read a book with more than one POV. Iris. Goddess of the Rainbow. Read a book with your favourite colour on the cover or in the title. Ancient Greece. Read a book set in the past. Hestia. Goddess of the Hearth. Read the first book in a series. Dionysus. God of Wine. Celebrate this year by reading a 2018 release. Achilles and Patroclus. Read a book with an LGBT+ protagonist. Homer. Read a retelling (of a myth, fairy tale, classic novel etc.) Hephaestus. God of Fire and Smiths. Read a book with a disabled character. Ares. God of War. Read a book with a compelling antagonist or a written from the villain’s POV. Echidna. Mother of Monsters. Read a book about monsters – dragons, zombies, serial killers etc. Herakles. Read a popular book (define ‘popular’ as you wish). Gaia. Primordial Earth Goddess. Read a book which was published at least 5 years ago. Artemis. Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt. Read a book with an animal on the cover or in the title. Athena. Goddess of Wisdom, Strategy and Crafts. Read a book that’s not the first in the series. Persephone. Goddess of the Underworld and Springtime. Read a book which is less than 200 pages. Apollo. God of Prophesy, Plague and Poetry. Read a collection of poetry or short stories. Hades. God of the Underworld and Riches. Read a book which you got for free (library, from a friend, ARC, Kindle offer etc.) Demeter. Goddess of Agriculture. Read a book with a nature word in the title – e.g. leaf, wind, flower etc.
This is an informal challenge me and my friends on Twitter do every November (yeah, it is a pun on ‘Read more’). We set a monthly page goal (it can be whatever you want – 500 or 5000) and try our best to hit that goal. Nothing else. I’m hoping to catch up on #PageTrackers challenge, so I am setting a goal of 10k this year.
Goals: 10,000 pages
What readathons are you planning to do this month?