So I came across this tag on Marty’s blog (originally on by Rhea @bookchantedblog) and was interested to give it a try! It is about reading habits and well, you know I love to talk about myself. *grin*
1. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU USUALLY READ AT ONCE?
It can be anything from 2 books to 7 books. (I usuuually stop at 7) It is mostly three (the magical number), and it goes like this – one audiobook, one backlist/TBR, one frontlist galley.
2. IF YOU’RE READING MORE THAN ONE BOOK AT A TIME, HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHEN TO SWITCH BOOKS?
For the audiobook it is pretty simple – I only read those while I’m working or walking. As for the others, it depends on whether I’m in the mood for that story. If I am getting bored, I switch.
3. DO YOU EVER SWITCH BOOKMARKS WHILE YOU’RE PARTWAY THROUGH A BOOK?
My reading is mostly digital, so bookmarks rarely feature. Even if I’m reading print books, I’m more likely to use whatever is nearby (receipt, leaf, pen) as a bookmark than the actual collection of bookmarks (which I keep saying isn’t decorative but still kind of is) I have.
4. WHERE DO YOU KEEP THE BOOK(S) YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
On my Kindle/tablet/phone. 😛 If it is a print book, obviously it lies next to my pillow
5. WHAT TIME OF DAY DO YOU SPEND THE MOST TIME READING?
It is mostly late evening, post-dinner. I read during the work hours on audio, but that depends on whether I’m doing my work on lab workbench or not. If I’m at my cubicle, I don’t read.
6. HOW LONG DO YOU TYPICALLY READ IN ONE SETTING?
At a stretch, I can read for a couple of hours. If I’m motivated enough, I can spend 4-5 hours continuously to finish a book.
7. DO YOU READ HARDBACKS WITH THE DUST JACKET ON OR OFF?
Obvi. Don’t wanna damage the cover. I like my HC to look pristine.
8. WHAT POSITION DO YOU MAINLY USE TO READ?
Lying in bed. Even if I start reclining, I slowly like melt or succumb to gravity and go horizontal. Favorite position is curling up on my side and switching ever so often so that my hand doesn’t hurt holding the book/tablet.
9. DO YOU TAKE THE BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING WITH YOU EVERYWHERE?
Technically, I take a major part of my library everywhere. My tablet has all unread books downloaded and stored all the time, but my phone usually only has one audiobook and the month’s TBR on it.
10. HOW OFTEN DO YOU UPDATE YOUR GOODREADS PROGRESS ON THE BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
Nearly daily. More than once on some days. I usually update whenever I’m putting down the book and going ‘off’ reading time.