Okay, folks, gotta liven up this blog! I didn’t used to tag posts earlier but I am interested in the idea of doing these regularly. You know I love TTT and Book Blogger Hop posts, but I rarely do anything else. So, I found this on Darque Dreamer Reads and it is fun, so here ya go!
(Btw, the original is from The Bookish Underdog)
1. Find a book on your shelves with a blue cover. What made you pick up the book in the first place?
Well, I have read Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone series and am completely in love with the writing style. So naturally, I am going to pick up her next series!
(Also look at that gorgeous cover! I was in love with it when those first proofs came out!)
2. Think of a book you didn’t expect to enjoy but did. Why did you read it in the first place?
Yeah, okay, this was pretty popular when I read it, but I am not really a contemporary reader so I was hesitant to start it.
3. Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick up a book at random. How did you discover this book?
This one I had come across first as a galley. I had requested it on Netgalley, I think, and was going to review to later, closer to the release date. In the meantime, I had won a box of galleys from another blogger who had a giveaway going on, and this was inside it.
4. Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of it?
Okay, this is a tough one because I don’t recall easily who exactly recommended it to me – a mutual on Tumblr, I think? Anyway, I was hearing a lot about this book but was hesitant to start it because I don’t do sports-themed books either. But they convinced me that it is more about the players than the game, and I finally read it. Best decision!
5. Pick a book you discovered through book blogs. Did it live up to the hype?
When I first discovered it, not a day went by that someone wasn’t posting about and soon I got intrigued. Despite it not being technically YA, I did an impulse buy and I must say, it did live up to the hype!
6. Find a book on your shelves with a one word title. What drew you to this book?
Retellings are my weak spot, seriously! And retellings involving a villain/morally ambigious character are my favorite, so it was a no brainer. Also, it is Marissa Meyer’s book, and after The Lunar Chronicles, I am a big fan of her.
7. What book did you discover through a film/TV adaptation?
Yep, I saw the movie first for this one. And after that, the book was sort of disappointing *hides*
8. Think of your all-time favorite books. When did you read these and why did you pick them up in the first place?
Fantasy was always my first love. A touch of magic in everyday life is what I always crave. These books have been read at different points in my life, and I cherish them for what they meant to me then and what they mean now.
I read Harry Potter series throughout my school-age, and I grew up with them. Daughter of Smoke and Bone came to me at a time when I was craving and reading fantasy by the bucketload – it was fresh, and different and Karou being an artist resonated with me. The Raven Boys, or more importantly Adam Parrish, spoke to the adult in me who was coming to terms with her complicated relationship with her parents. Finally, A Darker Shade of Magic opened me to a world beyond just YA.
So what do you think of tag posts like these, on the regular, if and when I can find them?
P.S. If you would like to be tagged in further posts, let me know!